The Magic In Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Harry Potter role-playing site. Slash, het and femslash are allowed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Three Broomsticks

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:45 pm

Arthur woke and stretched, feeling very well rested. He reluctantly pulled himself out of bed and found the note left by Lucius. He went through his day rather distracted, thinking about Lucius most of the day. Potions class, the last lesson of the day, finally came round and it was odd not to have Lucius at a cauldron next to him, he had rather become used to the ritual of Lucius tying his long pale hair back with a ribbon before beginning.

Slughorn had started them on a love potion--which Arthur thought was a horrible idea. It turned out to be true.

When James wasn't looking, Sirius had dipped a chocolate frog into the love potion, and then offered it to James without him knowing it. Sirius thought it was great fun--after James had eaten the secretly lace chocolate, Sirius dared him to kiss Severus. It took much convincing and haggling, but Sirius was good at both. He had convinced James that it would be a hilarious joke--and he had also downgraded it from an unreasonable kiss on the lips to a less disgusting dare--simply kissing Snape's hand.

"Do you have any idea where his greasy little hands may have been?" James gave a great shudder, but eventually he found himself at Severus' side. He grabbed the small, pale hand.

"Snivy--you're so gorgeous I just had to declare my undying love for you!" James dramatized, on his knees holding Severus' hand. He kissed the back of Snapes hand. A shiver coursed through James, and when he looked up at the face of the boy he took joy in tormenting...something strange came over him. A pinkish blush crept over James' cheeks.

"S-Severus..." James gasped out, unable to keep his eyes off of the dark haired boy.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:02 pm

While Arthur and his classmates were at school, Lucius had made his choice. He sat on a stool, his shirt off as cold sweat poured down his back and face, his blonde hair sticking to his damp skin. He clenched his eyes in pain, as the burning sensation raced down his left forearm, to his finger tips, and some how jumped to his other arm and through his upper body. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he gritted his teeth, waiting impatiently for the process to be finished so he could baby his left arm.

-

Severus was doing his best to ignore James Potter, Sirius Black, and whomever else endeavored to bother him that night. And for awhile he was succeeding beyond measure. Up until the grandiose gesture of him bending down on one knee and kissing his hand. He noted the expression on James' face, frowning a little. "...Wh...what are you doing?" He yanked his hand back, shaking it out.

"You're not funny, James Potter so shove off!" He scowled down at him and started back toward his table, absolutely disgusted with the other teen. He looked to the Mundungus twin he was working with, explaining his utter outrage to him while the twin feigned interest.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:36 am

Nine o'clock had seemed to take forever in arriving. Dinner had been amusing, as James had continued to stare like a lovesick girl across the Great Hall to Snape at the Slytherin table. At one point James even moved over to the Slytherin table and sat in Lucius' empty seat next to Severus, and offered him some Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans. It was quite amusing to see James shot down over and over--and the look of devastation on his face. If it had been anyone else, Arthur would have felt sorry for them, but this was James Potter and after all--he was a toe rag and he deserved a few giggles at his own expense after all the mean things he'd ever done to his fellow students--mainly Severus.

Arthur left the Common Room behind and waited of Lucius, wondering what 9'oclock would bring.

Meanwhile, James was being teased by his fellow Marauders. Sirius was having the most fun--while Lupin was suggesting common sense--that James seek an antidote from Slughorn, as obviously he had been exposed to the love potion they'd made earlier. James was adamant that he had not. Sirius kept quiet about his involvement in the matter, as Remus looked at him suspiciously but said nothing.

While Arthur was waiting for Lucius, James slipped on his invisibility cloak and roamed around the castle looking for any stray Slytherin. He finally spotted Goyle and trailed the other teen long enough that Goyle finally did what James wanted--he headed back to the Slytherin Common Room. James sneaked in with him, and looked around for Severus who was taking up his every thought. James had always been too busy picking on Severus to really notice him, but the moment he had actually looked up into those dark eyes...he had really noticed. He couldn't explain what it was, but that moment had made something very strange click inside of James Potter and he knew that his days of tormenting Severus--who would no longer be 'Snivellus' or any other variant--were over with.

"Where are you?" James hissed beneath his cloak. He sat himself in a corner, under the greenish light, and invisibly waited for a glimpse of Snape.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:48 pm

He didn't have to wait long, as Severus and Lucius came down from the dorms. Snape had his hand on Lucius's left arm. "You're INSANE."

"Let go of it! It hurts enough as it is!"

"As it should!" Snape said and shook his head in disbelief. "Come on, Lucius- think of what your father will say-"

"He's never going to see it!" Lucius snatched his arm back and rolled down his sleeve. "It had to be done, you know. I had two choices and I picked one."

"It's awfully ugly. I hope you're pleased with yourself."

Lucius frowned. "It doesn't matter, what's done is done. ...I have to go meet Arthur. It's nearly nine." He murmured and put on his robe. "Don't wait up for me."

"I won't hold my breath. But when you come crying back here-"

Lucius shook his head. "No. Arthur wouldn't--"

Snape frowned. "He might be pissed and reject you for your choice. I'd be pissed and reject you for your choice."

Lucius pressed his lips down into a thin, pursed line. "I see. I'll be sure to inform you of how it goes." He waved to his friend and left the common room to meet Arthur at the front of the dungeons. He fought to rub at his left arm fiercely- it hurt and burned terribly.

-

Snape took a seat in one of the large green chairs, shaking his head and opened up his book, muttering things about stupid blonde purebloods doing stupid blonde pureblooded things, none the wiser to James being there.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Arthur saw Lucius coming, and went to meet him half way down the hall. He couldn't believe how much he'd missed him having not seen him once all day. Lucius vague note and scribbling about some unnamed 'task' that he had to do had Arthur curious, and even a bit excited.

"Lucius! You missed James proposing his love to Severus in potions today--I knew Slughorn shouldn't have assigned love potions. What was he thinking? So tell me--what is this big secret of yours? I hope it's good, because...well...I've missed not winking at you across the Gryffindor table at meals, or toying with the idea of stealing your hair ribbon all through potions class."

Arthur took his glasses off, and began to polish them on his shirt.

"James is quite entertaining though I must admit, mooning around about Snape with doe-eyes."

--

James moved up behind the green chair, took his cloak off, and hid it from sight. His heart pounded quickly in his chest. He was not one to usually get nerves about a thing, after all he was James Potter and he was confident in most of his abilities, and in things he wasn't good at, he really didn't care. But now he was hunkered down behind Snape's chair feeling dizzy, his stomach tying itself up into knots, as he ran a few things through his head that he could possibly say to Snape when he came out from behind the chair and surprised the dark Slytherin boy with his presence. All of it sounded stupid--what was he supposed to say? Any stupid pick-up line he might have used on a girl, with cheesy smile in place, just didn't seem good enough. He didn't want this to be a joke...it actually meant something to him.

Potter took a deep breath, straightened his glasses, and then ran his fingers through his unruly hair, even though he knew it would do no good. James came out from behind the chair. He stood in front of Snape, looking nervous and trying not to fiddle too much with his tie.

"Er...Hi, Severus." Oh, real smooth. That was beautiful, really the most creative and well thought out opener in the history of openers, wasn't it? Sirius would be highly impressed--into a fit of raging laughter, in fact. "Um...good book, yeah?" He motioned towards the book Severus had been reading, before James had disturbed him.

Behold, the romantic prowess of James Potter.

James smiled at Snape, his face warming with the familiar blush and his heart welling with the urge to be close to the other boy, to express his affection...affection? yes--for Severus Snape.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Lucius blinked at the thought of James doing anything remotely nice to his best friend, even romantically and he lost it- laughing so hard his ribs hurt. "Are you serious! You're not serious. You're kidding with me." He said and brushed away the tears of laughter rolling down his face. "Lord, that's too much Art." He regained his composure and sighed. "Arthur, I had to make a choice- something that was going to effect our relationship-certainly the rest of my life. ...As you know, the dark forces are gathering, and he-who-must-not-be-named is calling forth purebloods like myself to come and join him in the gathering storm. I... I was certain of which side I was on until I met you. Now... I'm no longer sure. Time is growing short, I had to make a choice."

Slowly, methodically he rolled up his sleeve revealing the area where there should have been the dark mark. Instead, there was a tattoo- a little red and slightly sore- consisting of the Sex Pistol's black and white label, flanked by red roses. "The red roses represent you."

-

Severus just stared at James, dark eyes wide and unblinking as he was in a good deal of shock.

Slowly he reached for his wand but remembered it was upstairs. "How... how in Salazaar's name did you get in here!" He demanded. "No. No I don't want to know. Get out of my common room, Potter! Leave me the hell alone! I don't know why you endeavor to make my life hell, but I don't appreciate it and/or don't find it the slightest bit funny. You've made my life miserable for years-- this is the one place I can come to that's James Potter free and look."

He gestured to the other boy with a sneer. "Clearly, it's not that way right now. Get. Out." He hissed. "Get out before I remember what spell it is to dismember a person!"
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Arthur looked down at Lucius' forearm in shock. He couldn't believe he had gotten a tattoo--let alone because of Arthur's influence. And it wasn't just the tattoo, it was everything Lucius had said. Lucius had made a big decision in his life--one that would greatly affect him as a pureblood, a Slytherin, a Malfoy. Arthur was so shocked he couldn't respond at first. He simply drew Lucius to him and hugged him tightly, reluctant to let go.

"I can't believe you--that you--oh Lucius!" Arthur continued to hug him, tears coming to his eyes. He sniffed, and wiped at his eyes before pulling back just enough to kiss Lucius, and then look into those amazing silvery eyes. "That's a very brave thing that you've done, Lucius. You're quite something, Lucius, and I'm very glad that you're my something."

--

James took a couple steps back, holding his hands up in an innocent gesture.

"Sev--wait--dismember?!" James tugged at his tie, loosening it a bit. Severus' threats had certainly not helped to settle his nerves. "But I'm not trying to be funny or make your life miserable! Honestly! Severus I'm sorry I've treated you badly--I don't know why I did--but it wont be happening anymore! I never noticed...certain things before...I over looked them in exchange for being a prat."

James dared to move a bit closer.

"Please, Severus? Could we at very least call a peace between us?" James held out his hand, offering a shake. "I--I promise on the name of Godric Gryffindor. I would even make an unbreakable vow! I don't want things to be horrible between us anymore. I...I..." James face was bright red now, as he began to stumble dumbly over his words.

"I luh...like...er..." James swallowed hard, looking away from Snape and instead down to his shoes, his hand still hanging between them with the offer of peace. "Ilikeyou." James mumbled, very quietly.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:49 pm

"Well... I may be a something up a creek without a paddle, possibly gutted and set on fire." He said, resting his cheek on Arthur's shoulder. "There may come a time when I'll need you to help me. What I've done has alienated me from those who will join him. Violently." He clutched on to Arthur tightly at the realization. "I have no allies. Just you." He was glad Arthur couldn't see his face right now, as he was certain he looked absolutely terrified and that wouldn't do after his brave action. Bravery was not something that came easily to Lucius, and he was thoroughly terrified.

Finally he pulled away, looking the other teen in the face. He saw what his tattoo did to Arthur, and how happy he was with what he had done- making tears run down his pale, pointed face. Without another word he slid his arms back around Arthur and hugged him again, not wanting to let go.

-

"Yes. Dismember. As to make you lose all of your limbs, including one you're probably very proud of." He scowled at him and then looked down at the out stretched hand.

"On the name of Godric Gryffindor. You'd make an unbreakable vow...? Really. How fascinating." He drawled out, wondering if he should trust him. He left it roll around in his mind, deciding that James wasn't the kind of wizard who would want to die by breaking an unbreakable vow. He sighed hard and nodded.

"Very well. A truce." He grunted and shook his hand. "Now do me a favor and forget how to get in he- You... what??" He narrowed his eyes at James. "Do you think me to be a fool! I don't find you funny Potter. I think you've ingested something that's made you go funny in whatever mind you were born with- Or you drank some of that potion from earlier. Now get out. I've entertained you enough for the evening."
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:39 pm

"But I didn't--I didn't drink any of it." James sighed in disappointment, looking longingly at Snape. "I know I don't deserve your trust but I'll find a way to prove it to you. I have to. Goodnight, Severus." He picked Snape's book up from the floor, and handed it to him. "I'm sorry to have bothered you."

James turned and left Severus alone, his head filling with ways to impress the sneering boy.

--

"I will be your ally, Lucius, until whatever end comes of this whole mess the wizarding world is getting into. We have each other, Lucius. We have our love--" Arthur smiled a bit, as a Muggle song he had once heard came to his head.

"There's nothing you can do that can't be done. Nothing you can sing that can't be sung. Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy. There's nothing you can make that can't be made. No one you can save that can't be saved. Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time - It's easy."

Arthur gave a wave of his wand, and the musical accompaniment of the song playing through his head spilled across the stone wall in psychedelic colors, the music all around them as Arthur continued to sing the song in a voice that was rather pleasant for singing.

"All you need is love. All you need is love. All you need is love, love, love is all you need."

The vibrant and undulating colors broke away from the wall, and created a paint splattered, shag carpeted stairway that led up towards the high towering ceiling. Arthur took Lucius hand, and led him step by step up the stairs--which blossomed neon colored flowers behind them--as he continued to sing.

"There's nothing you can know that isn't known. Nothing you can see that isn't shown. Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be..." Arthur held Lucius close to him, and hopped off of the last stair, which ended in midair. He waved his wand and the end popped up into a tie-dyed umbrella which floated them back down to the floor. "It's easy!"

Arthur lead Lucius towards the room of requirement, each stone in the floor that their feet touched flashing colors beneath their feet, sending up sparkles and streamers.

"All you need is love! All you need is love--" Arthur waved his wand at one of the suits of armor--making a pink tutu appear on one, and on another a pair of boxers with hearts, and on the third, a purple top hat that flashed the word 'love' on the wide band. "Love, love is all you need." Arthur kisses Lucius lips, briefly, pulling him backwards to the wall where the room of requirement always appeared. "Love is all you need."

The music wound down, and the colors around them died down, disappearing and leaving the walls, floor, and armor as normal as they had been. Arthur pulled Lucius close to him, sealing their lips. He fell backwards and through the magical door which he didn't know had appeared--pulling Lucius down with him and on top of him as his back hit the shag carpet. Arthur's glasses knocked askew, and he grabbed them off of his face and tossed them aside, not caring.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:44 pm

He put the book back down on the couch, no longer interested in reading it. Severus just shook his head in disgust, unsure of what was worse- an amorous James Potter or an insufferable git. However when he thought about it a bit more, the amorous Potter and the insufferable git were pretty close in his mind to begin with. With a scowl he headed back for the dorms, loosing interesting waiting for Lucius to return from showing Arthur his ugly tattoo.

-

Lucius followed Arthur along, watching the colors and the scenes burst to life on the dull castle walls. He hadn't ever seen anything quite like that, for a boy whose world was mostly drenched in black, white and grey. He blinked in surprise at the new adornments on the suits of armor, wondering what Flitch would say as they continued their long psychedelic trip toward the room of requirement.

Once they were there, together on the floor, Lucius grabbed up Arthur's tossed away glasses, putting them atop his platinum hair.

"Arthur- what has gotten into you? Singing, music- embarrassing empty suits of armor..." He teased lightly, resting a hand on his chest. "Has my tattoo moved you that much? ...Good, because it hurt like hell! I'm never getting another." He made a face and rested his chin on Arthur's chest. "I care for you deeply Arthur, but I doubt love will be all we need in the coming months. More like... an army. A brave army. Ready to fight till all abandon."
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:46 pm

Arthur held Lucius close, stroking his back.

"Yes, I know. But I do like the song. If more people chose to love rather than hate, then we wouldn't have such problems as these Death Eater people running round with brutal genocide on their minds." Arthur sighed. "But that's not how the world works. I'm aware." Arthur twirled a strand of platinum hair around his finger.

"An army...well, maybe we don't have to think about all of that just yet. We still have...a little time. We could at least put off such thoughts until after the weekend. There's the concert, remember? Zepplin?" Arthur's lips quirked into a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:45 pm

"It is a good song, sure... But forgive me Arthur. I believe I was sorted into Slytherin because of my hard nosed, often too realist notions. It's hard to believe in love when they're so much hate. However... I'm placing all my faith in our love while I look for an army. Which is strange as you can imagine, for someone who doesn't normally do such things... But for whatever reason, when I look at you, I know it'll be alright." He said slowly and carefully as if weighing all the words as they came out of his mouth. "My father wants nothing to do with war. He lived through two, he'd rather not see a third. But we don't have that luxury. However... he's also not going to the Zeppelin concert so fooey on him."

Lucius grinned down at him, resting his hands on his chest as he laid down on top of him, unable to hide the excitement on his face. "I can put off all thoughts for that concert, Arthur- except for thoughts of us. As I'm so excited to see them and hear real music being played in person? Their music! Nothing can ruin that moment."
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:01 am

And so, the day had arrived. Arthur had been ready to explode with excitement all day, and could barely contain himself. He and Lucius found themselves waiting in line outside. Up at the front of the line, tickets were being taken, and the people were slowly filing in as they murmured and chatted amongst themselves. It was a great day for an outdoor concert--the London sky was holding off rain, and looked rather happier than usual, in a less somber gray tone than it often was.

Arthur fiddled with the rose--this time it was fastened onto a newsboy style hat that he wore atop his fiery curls, since he wore no jacket to pin it onto. He instead wore just belled jeans and a brown t-shirt that fit nicely to his form, showing off his freckled arms.

He grabbed Lucius hand as they got closer, and linked their fingers.

"This is going to be amazing."

---

Back at the castle, James was waiting to catch a glimpse of Snape. He had been trying and failing for the last couple of days to get on better terms with the former Snivellus. He didn't expect it to happen over night, as he had spent years pushing the boys buttons and enjoying it as well. However, James Potter was not one to give up when he wanted something.

He had spent a lot of the night before lying in his bed trying to think of something nice he could do for Snape, to show that he truly had turned over a new leaf, and that...as much as James couldn't explain how it had come about...he cared for the Slytherin. In the early hours of morning it had come to James, and having spent most of the night awake in thought, he just grabbed invisibility cloak, a small box, and made his way unseen across the school lawn which had just begun to brighten with the traces of morning.

James spent the morning in the Forbidden Forest--the word 'forbidden' obviously not a deterrent for him. It was now that he'd wished he'd paid better attention in Herbology and Potions--or in classes in general--because he wasn't sure what exactly he was looking for. His idea had been to gather some potions ingredients for Snape, since it was the only thing James knew about Snape, was that he was top of the potions class. The many times James had disrupted Snape from his work to pick on him, the boy had always been deep into what he was doing. He was one of the few students who seemed to actually enjoy the dull class.

James set about the forest, putting into the small box a few common plants he found, and trying to figure out others. After all was said and done, he had quite a few things in the box for Snape. However, most of them were rather common, a few weren't even magical, he'd simply put them in because they looked interesting and he'd assumed they probably had some sort of magical property. It was only by chance that he had found one type of mushroom that was a bit rarer. He thought he had remembered seeing it on a page of Lupin's Potions book once, when he'd bothered his friend over and over by constantly peeking over his shoulder. He shrugged, and added it in as his last gathering for the day.

As he walked invisibly back towards the castle, it occurred to him that perhaps he should have thought this out better. He could have grabbed something very poisonous and had a number of horrible things happen to him for being careless...but everything had turned out fine, after all, so he supposed it really didn't matter now.

James took his cloak off once he made it back to the castle, and was lucky enough to spot a Slytherin in the hall. The girl gave him an odd look when he inquired of Snape's whereabouts, and she pointed him towards the library, having just returned from there herself.

James went in, and spotted Severus off to himself in a corner. He sat down at the table, putting the box in front of him. He scratched at the back of his hand, but didn't look at it as he did so. Had he have looked, he would have noticed a bumpy rash beginning to blister up on the skin. While rummaging for some of those plants, he had unknowingly stepped into and then reached down amongst a patch of simply poison ivy, a plant found unfortunately in both the Muggle and magical world.

"Hello Snape. No fear, I have come to make your boring day of book humping better with my presence...and my presents." He scooted the box towards Snape. "I got these for you, this morning actually. I want you to know that I mean all that stuff I said about a truce...and about..." James scratched at the back of his hand again, his dirt smeared cheeks going that warm reddish hue that they always did around Snape these last few days. "Liking you." He added, lifting the lid off the box.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:06 pm

"I know, I... I hear live music is even better some how! How can that be Arthur?" He asked idly, looking up at the rose on his hat. He appreciated seeing it each and every time on their date. He would carry a piece of Arthur with him always on his arm. He smiled at the thought, getting jarred out of it by the massive crowd. "Wow..." He murmured in shock at the sheer size of everything. "I hope we can hear them!"

"Ey! It's the lil' bird and the ginger!" The punk from the music store came up to them. "How's that tat fairin' ya, lil' bird? It's itchy, yeah?"

"No! It's good. Arthur, this is Max. He did my tattoo the other day." Lucius said gesturing to the tall lanky young man. "Arthur, this is Max."

"Pleasure, ginger. Ey, you two should come watch Zep with us! We got blankets set up an' all. Plentya room on the grass!"

-

Severus hated the world this past week. He was certain a love struck Potter was worse that a prat Potter- mostly because of the odd look on longing mingled with heart break. He felt strangely bad at times, but only had to remember their fifth year before scowling like normal.

So when James came around today while he was trying to do his homework, he found himself rolling his eyes. "Oh Potter, what now!" He looked exasperated. "You serve to only annoy me these days but not in ways I'm used to." He looked down at the box and sighed- not sure what to expect.

"Oh." He said making an interested noise as he rifled through the box. "I won't have to restock my personal supply of base ingredients now. That is rather handy." He looked a little closer, pulling out the mushroom. "This one however... this one is rather uncommon and... Potter. Your hand." His dark eyes narrowed as he looked at the irritated skin.

"Tell me. Did you come across this?" He reached into his bag and pulled out a field guide. He flipped to the page featuring poison ivy. "Because if you have, I believe you have unfortunately run afoul of poison ivy." Snape looked through the box again and pulled out a ragged looking plant. "If you rub this on it, it'll take the itch away. Provided you haven't gotten the poison ivy anywhere else."
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:09 am

"Very nice to meet you again, Max!" Arthur grinned. "Oh you did Lucius' tattoo! It's very good--beautiful work!"

Arthur and Lucius followed Max to the blankets that were spread out over the grass. It really was such a good day for a concert. It seemed as if everything stood out to Arthur, the pleasant noise of people chattering, the feel of the crunchy grass beneath the blanket as he sat down upon it, the bright glint of anticipation in Lucius' silvery eyes, the brush of breeze against Arthur's freckled cheeks, it was all so good. It was nice to be here right now, and away from the darkness that loomed nearer and nearer in the wizarding world, and on the borders of this one. Arthur pushed that out of his mind--he didn't want this day to be ruined, and he certainly wouldn't let it be by those thoughts.

He looked up to the stage, watching as people came out onto it, and began to test the equipment.

---

"Mmmm...that looks familiar, yes." James replied, glancing at the photo of poison ivy. He took the ragged plant from Snape, their fingers brushing when he did so. James smiled at the brief contact. He rubbed the plant against the rash on his skin. "The mushroom...it's uncommon?" He looked back up at Snape, catching the boys dark eyes for only a moment before looking away and to the fungus.

"What is it?"

He hope Severus would forget his annoyance for a few moments, at least, and explain it to him...if only for the time it would buy him to spend with the Slytherin.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:19 pm

"Thanks mate! He was fairly specific in what he wanted. Most blokes don't have the slightest in what they're wantin'." Max shrugged and went about introducing the two wizards to his equally tattoo'd and pierced up friends. They were all decent, making room for Arthur and Lucius to sit with them.

Lucius still wasn't quite sure about being around so many frightening muggles, but they weren't actually scary once talking to them. He reached over and took Arthur's hand, watching the set up and the sound check. Soon enough, the legendary band was on stage and the place exploded.

It was so loud he couldn't hear what was going on, but the music overwhelmed the sounds of the crowd, filling the whole place with the music they had all come there to see.

"Is it okay to scream!" Lucius asked- or rather shouted to Arthur. "Because I'd really like to!"

-

Snape rolled his eyes. "Poison ivy... Potter-- only you would stumble across this. You need to be more careful. There are more dangerous things than poison ivy in the forest. Such as poison oak. Just don't touch any other part of your body, or it'll spread." He said in his usual dry sardonic tone.

He looked down at the mushroom, analyzing it a little more before easily rattling off all the information about the mushroom before stopping. "I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you were interested in potions ingredients, it's not flashy over the top magic favored by Gryffindors. Did you fail an exam and want help? That must be it. Judging by your friend's potions attempts I wouldn't be surprised."
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:41 pm

"I don't know!" Arthur shouted back. "I suppose so, everyone else is doing so!"

The music combined with the atmosphere of the crowd was over the top. Arthur had never experienced anything quite like this, and he was glad Lucius was next to him, seeming to have just as good a time as Arthur was. They seemed no different from the crowd of Muggles all around them, enjoying Zep and a nice day in London. By the end of the concert the nice day had turned gray, as it so often did, and rain pelted down onto the writhing crowd of bodies. It wasn't a damper on the fun, however, as no one saw fit to let a little water ruin the show.

By the time the concert was beginning to wind down, adrenaline was coursing through Arthur's veins, his heart beating quickly with excitement. His hair stuck to his freckled forehead in wet red ringlets, his hat cocked back on his head and in danger of falling off at any moment. He had gotten tired of fighting his glasses, which kept sliding down his nose, so they were hooked onto his shirt which stuck to his shoulders and chest from the rain showers. The crowd was on fire and begging for one last song. Arthur turned to Lucius, pulled him closer, and kissed him, completely enjoying the moment. His lips moved away from Lucius' when the crowd irrupted into more cheers--one last song, in the rain.

---

James looked up at Snape, smiling a bit roguishly.

"No, I didn't fail my exam. In fact, I passed--that's why I sit next to Remus on exam days, he never watches what I'm doing or where I'm looking. Although...I would rather sit by you next time. I probably would fail then. I'm sure I'd be too distracted looking at what I find much more interesting than stupid ol' test answers. As for those things..."

James motioned towards the box he had given to Snape.

"They're for you. You know, a gift." James lowered his voice. "I meant it when I told you that I liked you, Severus. I know it's not much, and it can't make up for all the times I've been a complete git to you but...maybe a start?"

James looked hopeful, but he was sure Snape would snarl and turn away from him as always. He couldn't blame Snape if he did, given their history, but that wasn't going to deter James Potter from trying.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:25 pm

It was quite wonderful to see something like a live show. Lucius had imagined what it would be like to see the songs he so greatly loved played live in front of him the way they were intended to be. Once the rain started, slicking his long hair to his neck and shoulders, he barely noticed- not that any rain could have damped the spirit of the show.

Lucius reached over and pulled Arthur's hat off of his head, putting it on over his rain drenched blonde hair. He kissed Arthur back, enjoying the other teen's closeness in the warm rain as the last song began- Goin' to California. It was one of Lucius's favorites, and he often wondered if this 'California' really was a place where people wore flowers in their hair and laid beneath endless sunny skies. Regardless, it did sound like a nice image.

He ignored the crowd again, going back again for another kiss- melting their lips together in a slow gesture- as if the crowd had washed away completely and there was only the music to embrace them.

-

Severus scowled at him, shaking his head.

"As if you could get any worse, you're also a cheat. And you act as if I'd be impressed by you stealing answers from your friend. What's the matter with you, Potter? I know you must be intelligent, there's nothing keeping you from doing fine in potions by yourself. You're just regretfully lazy." It was nearly a compliment from the other boy, about as good as James was going to get, for Severus to not think he was a total buffoon. But still, the scowl persisted.

He looked back up to the box, and then back up at James. "Maybe..." His upper lip twitched just slightly. "If you actually became less proud of stealing test answers and tried to get a decent grade that you're fully capable of getting, you'd look better in my eyes. Not everyone is impressed with roguish stupidity."
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Arthur kissed Lucius back, the rain cool against his skin, Lucius' lips sweet against his. The song was dying away with the last lyrics and chords floating round with the emotion of the crowd. Maybe one day when this war was over, when things were better, he and Lucius could see this California place.

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams,
Telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

The last lyrics came, and went, and the band disappeared from the stage. The rain had let up, but Arthur looked up at the sky and saw that it probably wasn't for long, Among the patches of gray-blue sky were many full looking clouds left, still wanting to shower the dissipating crowd when they felt the urge to.

"I'm really glad we did this, Lucius. I'll always remember it fondly. I don't think there could be much better than sharing this music with you."

-----

James went quiet, not sure how to respond to Snape and considering that rather than cheating from Lupin, he might actually try studying with him next time. Maybe.

"Ah! There you are!" Sirius moved towards the table, and noisily pulled a chair out and sat next to James and across from Snape. "Run along James, I need to chat with Snivy."

"Don't call him that." James frowned at his best friend. "You shouldn't call him that. His name's SE-VER-US. It's not so hard to say, is it?"

Sirius rolled his eyes.

"Of course, but Snivy is more fun. Severus is so...well...severe. But then again so is the owner of the name so I suppose it's fitting enough." Sirius picked up one of the plants from the box James had given Severus, and looked at it uninterested and put it back down. "Go on James, I need to speak with your love-bumpkin."

James blushed hotly, and mumbling under his breath moved away from the table and hid himself among a row of dusty books.

"Sni--er...Snape." Sirius leaned over the table as close to the other boy as he would dare to get without being hexed as a result. He spoke in a low voice.

"I um...have this friend who seems to have mucked something up. Nothing horrible really, just the simple matter of an...er...love potion. You see, when he was making the potion in Slughorn's a few days ago, he might have dipped a chocolate frog into our potion, and he may have given it to James without James knowing it was laced, and he might've dared James to kiss you just after the sweet was consumed. All of this of course is alleged as you really have no proof of such, and I couldn't betray my friend by giving his name, you see. The thing is, my friend had read that love potions wore off naturally on their own, usually over a short period of time, and so he thought it nothing more than a brilliant joke! However...the potion doesn't seem to be wearing off. My friend then sent me to ask you--as I can't go to Slughorn, he'd probably be irate and of course I wouldn't want to get my friend into trouble--but you're top in our potions class so...would you know of any antidote? I've read a Hate potion would work as antidote, but given the history between you and James already, I think that may not be a good idea, would it? And DON'T even think about asking me my friends name, I already told you it--oh--well--fine since you insist. It um...was Lupin. He's becoming quite the prankster believe it or not. So...er...any ideas?"

Sirius sat back in his chair watching Snape closely, assuming that at any moment he would be hit with a barrage of horrible hexes.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:28 pm

"Its up there with one of my best memories, Arthur. Then again, alot of my best memories now include you." He smiled at the other teen, leaning into his warmth. "I'm... I'm certain though, that we should go now. It looks like it wants to rain again, and I'm already soaked." He reached down and linked their fingers. "Let's go back to the castle, maybe the room of requirement will have something for us to dry off with and slip into." He gave Arthur an unreadable look- one that promised something but didn't say exactly what that something was.

Thankfully the arena was emptying out by now- with enough ease for two teenage wizards to slip through.

-

"Oh look, as if my day couldn't get any better, more Gryffindors!" He said sarcastically, and rubbed his temples. "Please Black, make it fast. I don't know how much more I can take from the members of your insipid house."

As Sirius spoke, Severus stared at him. Finally he let out a sigh. "Oh, I see. Anything to help out Lupin, I suppose. You want to make sure Potter hates me again, hmm? Well. I suppose it isn't any fun when your best friend falls for the usual victim. No, no. It can't be that Potter actually feels remorse for picking on me all these years, can it? Oh no. It simply MUST be the result of a potion doing it all." He voice was heavy with sarcasm, dripping with annoyance, but he continued.

Very well. I have just the thing. If you truly wish to have your friend hate me again..." He reached into his potions bag and pulled out a glass bottle full of... water. Normal, non magical, common and everyday water he got from the sink to use to dilute his extra credit potions homework later. "It may look and taste like water, Black- but it's not. It's a powerful cure-all. A restorative, if you will. Potter will be back to his normal self in absolutely no time at all. While, I bet you'll all be hanging me upside down by my ankles again in no time at all! ....Now get out of my sight before I rearrange your 'handsome' face into something horrific."

To be perfectly honest, he wanted to test something for himself. He never trusted anyone, especially not Potter. However, after drinking his wonderful 'cure-all' he would know whether or not this was a prank, the result of a love potion turned wrong, or if James was serious all along.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Arthur made his way towards the room of requirement with Lucius. James nearly knocked them over as he barreled through the hallway, being chased by Sirius.

"Just drink it!" Sirius called, brandishing a corked bottle of something that looked...like water.

"You won't tell me what it is! How do I know you're not trying some experiment on me?"

"I wouldn't do that, now would I mate?"

The two bickering Gryffindor's disappeared down the hallway. Arthur raised an eyebrow after them, then turned back to Lucius. He took his hat off, rung a bit of water out of it, and sat it back on his head.

"Now, where were we?" Arthur smirked. "Oh yes, I remember." He leaned in to kiss Lucius, pressing him against the wall for a moment, taking in Lucius' scent beneath that of the rain. Arthur's broke the kiss, and moved towards the place where the room would be. He took his glasses off as he waited for the door to appear, began to polish them on his shirt, and then realized there wasn't a dry spot and he was only smearing water around on the lenses.

---

"It's an antidote!" Sirius finally gave in, after the chase had led into the Gryffindor boys room, and explained what had happened. He winced at the furious scowl on James face.

"This is NOT funny, Sirius." James snatched the bottle out of Sirius' hands and held it up to the light, looking over the tops of his glasses at the clear liquid. "It look like water. You know what, Sirius? I think you're just jealous."

Sirius looked at James with wide eyes.

"Jealous of you loving Snivellus? Oh hardly."

"That isn't his sodding name, Sirius! And no, I don't think you're jealous of my liking him. I think you're jealous that I'm drifting closer to him and further from you. I think you don't like it that maybe I'm growing up a little, seeing that some things I used to think were entertaining and funny just aren't anymore. Maybe we were having fun, but Snape wasn't."

Sirius rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on. He could have a sense of humor, you know. That kid just doesn't find anything amusing. Ever. Do you ever see him without a scowl on that horrible face of his?" Sirius went on.

"No I don't ever see him without a scowl on his face, but at least I don't have to be the cause of it any longer!" James shoved the glass bottle back at Sirius, who almost dropped it and then hugged it protectively to his chest. "I'm not drinking whatever is in that bottle. I'm going to bed, Sirius. Grow up." James turned away from his best friend, and tucked himself into bed, closing the curtains around him.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Lucius watched Sirius and James go running past. He opened his mouth to say something but decided against it. "...What in the heavens is that all about, Arthur?" He couldn't dwell on it though- not with Arthur's lips on his like that. He broke the kiss, groping for the door knob. He pulled Arthur into the room of requirement- which had morphed itself into another bedroom- but this time with a large bathroom toward the end of it.

"Come on then, Arthur, I want to take a bath- get the chill off from the rain." Lucius pulled away from him, starting toward the bathroom. He pulled off his shoes, socks, and shirt. Off came his belt, followed by his drenched jeans. By time he had reached the door to the bathroom, he had removed the last scrap of clothing from his body. He placed a hand on the door frame, glancing back at Arthur from over his shoulder. "And that would be a bath with you, Arthur."

-

Severus had made his way back to the Slytherin dorm room, not surprised to see Lucius's bunk was empty again. he was getting lonely without his best friend, as he seemed to be glued to Arthur Weasley of all people. Inseparable. Joined at the hip.

Just like they used to be. Now? Lucius was barely home. He shifted to look at the empty bed.

He supposed he shouldn't be too mad. Lucius was happy. Happy having a lover... All he had was a love sick Potter. Then again, maybe that wasn't so bad. If it wasn't for James he would have nothing going on in his life, save for potions.

He turned on his back, looking up at the canopy over head. No, it wasn't too bad to be bothered by James Potter. He shut his eyes, prepared to question Lucius when he saw him next to no end.

Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:46 pm

A blush crept into Arthur's face and ears. Lucius looked delicious standing in the doorway, every inch of his fair skin exposed, hair falling over his shoulders and hanging down his back, and the gleam in his silver eyes as he minced no words about what it was that he wanted. Arthur nodded dumbly. He couldn't have said anything if he had even wanted to, his brain was tied up in knots at the moment.

Arthur undressed, tossing his shoes and clothing aside, and followed Lucius into the bathroom. He'd forgotten to take off his hat, and it stayed on his top of his head unnoticed by him. The tub was already filled and the room smelled pleasantly and was full of warm steam which felt nice against Arthur's rain chilled skin. Arthur climbed into the large tub and stood with his hand out to Lucius, to help him in.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Lucius shuddered off the chill from the rain in the warm, moist air of the bathroom. It was a small room, his own bathroom was massive- at least three of this one would have fit inside it.

He looked up at Arthur's hat, amused, but didn't say anything about it. He took the offered hand and stepped into the warm water- another chill racing down his spine. He rolled his shoulders in an attempt to get rid of it, but once he pulled Arthur into the water with him it had melted away.

"Much better, don't you think?" Lucius drawled and settled against Arthur, his back resting against the other teen's front. He pulled his long blonde hair over his shoulder so it wouldn't get wet. He shut his eyes, resting the back of his head on Arthur's shoulder. "Thank you for taking me to the concert- I had a wonderful time. I've never seen anything like that... ever."
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:08 am

"Mmhmm me either." Arthur murmured, ducking his head down to kiss Lucius' shoulder, moving towards the base of Lucius' neck.

Arthur's soft lips caressed the pale, wet skin, his teeth gently grazing. His hands moved down Lucius' sides and came to rest against Lucius' hips beneath the warm water. Arthur loved the concert, but admittedly he wasn't thinking about it much just now. Lucius looked beautiful, and his body laid out against Arthur's felt a perfect fit. The way their skin touched, and Lucius' weight reclining against him, felt so good and sent a shiver twisting down his spine. He nibbled at Lucius ear, and chuckled softly when his hat toppled off of his head and into the water. He'd completely forgotten it. He reached for it, which made him press into Lucius and made the color rise in his face again. He snatched the hat and tossed it aside, and settled back again wrapping his arms loosely around Lucius and going back to giving the blonde's neck some attention with his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Three Broomsticks
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magic In Me :: Out Of School :: Restaurants-
Jump to: