The Magic In Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Harry Potter role-playing site. Slash, het and femslash are allowed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Three Broomsticks

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
James Potter

James Potter

The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:12 pm

Arthur's face became a shade similar to his hair. Speaking with a professor about his personal life was a bit awkward, but it was Slughorn. The man seemed to enjoy peeking in on his student's personal affairs out of amusement. It didn't offend Arthur, Slughorn's smile was too kind to be offensive.

"Of course, I wouldn't treat Lucius any other way. He's wonderful--I enjoy every moment we're together! He's something quite special." He took the small bottle from Slughorn, and tucked it into the pocket of his robe. "Thank you, Sir. I hope this clears up the mess. I'm sorry Severus had to get caught up in this, it is unfortunate he's so disliked. I don't think many have given him much of a fair chance. Maybe James' experience has at least improved his view of Severus."

Arthur rose from his chair, sheepishly rubbing at the back of his neck.

"Er...professor Slughorn...is there any sort of extra credit I could do for Potions? I'm afraid I don't have to tell you that I don't have quite the right touch for them."

--

Arthur left Slughorn's office a bit later, and returned to the Gryffindor common room. He sat down to talk with James, and gave him the bottle with the antidote. James stayed in his bed, toying with the small bottle for what seemed like hours. He finally decided to wait until morning. He wanted to take the potion in front of Severus, so the other teen would know he really did take it, and was not pulling some sort of prank on him again.

James shoved the small bottle into his book bag, and spent most of his night battling with covers rather than sleeping.

The next morning, he stopped Severus as students were exciting the Great Hall. He gently moved him off to the side where they had a bit more privacy.

"Severus, you probably don't want to see me, but I wanted to take this antidote in front of you. I want you to know that...I'm doing this not because I want to stop caring for you, but because it isn't fair to you to continue this. I'm sorry I've been an annoyance to you with this potion, and worse to you without it." James fingered the small bottle, looking down through his glasses, black messy hair toppling over his forehead. He looked back up to Snape after a moment, holding his gaze. "I've enjoyed spending time with you. I only wish such a mess would not have had to happen for me to be able to see past my...my ego and my idiocy. I'm sorry my friends and I have hurt you. I can tell you that it won't happen again, potion or no potion. I'm not going to be that James Potter anymore. I was a toerag."

James uncorked the bottle, and drank the potion down. He waited nervously for it to take affect, and slowly felt the loss of his love for Snape drain away from him. He hated the feeling it being stolen away from him, and his eyes teared a bit as the warmth and light of those feelings dulled. He looked at Severus long and hard, evaluating what he now felt. He could not say that he still loved Severus, but he still liked Severus. James moved through the memories of the times he and Severus had spent together during the potions affects. He didn't regret them, or feel disgusted by them, or become amused by them. They kindled a small warmth in him and made the corners of his lips curl in fond recollection.

He felt no need to assert his dominance over Severus as he had used to, no need to belittle or trick him, no need to best him. He just wanted to walk to class with Severus, talk to him, remain on friendly terms with him, perhaps have a date with him, if the other boy would ever approve of it.

"Severus...could we at least be friends or...remain on speaking terms? I will understand if you say no."

The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 JamesSnapeBanner

Last edited by James Potter on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:55 am

Severus frowned, listening to James. "It's wrong to let a potion rule your feelings, even if it made you more tolerable and clearly worked for my benefit. You need to take it, as operating on manufactured feelings is no way to live." He said with a frown. He knew the harm a love potion could do- children produced by them more times than not turned out to be squibs. Things don't work well when they operate on lies alone.

He watched him take the potion, waiting, shifting his weight onto his back foot just in case he had to duck a punch or a hurled object, mentally preparing himself for a few verbal barbs. But when they didn't come he looked confused. His brow furrowed at James. His bully had changed, there was no potion involved.

This was really him.

To be sure, he reached out and poked him in the arm. He wasn't sure what that was going to prove, but when no negative reaction came from his gesture he relaxed a little more. "I...." He paused listening to James's proposal in his head. Friends? Could he be friends with James Potter after everything that had happened?

"...Alright. We can be friends, I guess." He said awkwardly. He still was going to need someone to talk to, given that Lucius was still head over heels for Arthur. It was weird not having James looking at him with googley eyes. He had grown oddly used to the look. He turned to Lucius to gesture to him that it was alright, and the other boy nodded in response- falling back to find his own way to class.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 2:25 am

"Lucius!" Arthur caught up to Lucius and fell into step with him. "I want to take you to this Muggle thing this Saturday night." Arthur glanced around, lowering his voice. "We can...we can sneak out. It's called 'disco'. It's amazing--lights, colors, dancing, music--I can't wait to show you. Unless...it sounds completely horrible to you. We could do something else, though I'm sure you would have a great time. If you don't, well I er...I'm sure I could make it up to you later." Arthur smirked, his eyes glittering.

--

James walked to double potions with Snape, keeping a bit of distance between them. He was sure it was best to do this slowly, and he did not want to make Severus feel uncomfortable or become an invasion to his personal space. He chattered away to Severus about this and that, catching himself when he launched into talk of Quidditch, but began to get a bit too full of himself. He backed down from the topic, and switched to something Severus liked.

"Could you maybe help me a bit in potions? I'm not good at them, and you are. The best in class, actually...maybe the entire student body. Lily says you're brilliant."

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:28 pm

"Arthur!" Lucius exclaimed and his whole face lit up.

Given all the drama of the past couple of days, and the time he took to be supportive of Severus, he had come to really miss Arthur- more than he realized until he found himself face to face with the other boy. He was saying something about muggle this-or-that but Lucius didn't care. They could be going for a long walk off a short pier and he wouldn't give two shits about it.

He hugged him around the neck, resting his chin on his shoulder. "I missed you. We can do whatever you want on Saturday, Arthur- I really don't care so long as I'm doing it with you."

-

Severus was trying to keep up with what James was saying. He didn't particularly like to speak fast, preferring to take his time and make his words matter. James was speaking as if all his thoughts were thrown into the blender and poured out. But he nodded along- he felt oddly compelled to try and listen- forcing himself to maybe make a new friend. Lucius was slowly pulling away from him as his relationship with Arthur grew deeper.

He was finding himself fretfully lonely. James was odd company, but company none the less.

"Well, that is obvious, James Potter. You don't have the patience to stop, think, and understand the nature of potions as it requires incredible levels of concentration and the result isn't a showy presentation of magic, rather than a subdued wonder few appreciate. I suppose... if you transfered your concentration level when it comes to the snitch on to your potions... you'd do better. But yes, I'll help you. ...Lucius is usually my partner. He's quite good at them too, but he's with Arthur Weasley." There was some resentment in his voice, but he too understood. They weren't in the same houses, how could Lucius spend time with Arthur else wise? "I had better be his best man at their inevitable wedding or else." He said dryly.
Back to top Go down
James Potter

James Potter

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Arthur kissed Lucius briefly, and then entered the potions classroom with him, sitting down at their usual table.

"I missed you too." Arthur said, pushing his glasses up and giving Lucius a smile. He loved the way Lucius' face lit up when they were together, and he was sure his did the same. "There's been so much going on, I thought we could use a bit of fun. We'll have to dress for it, so we blend in with the other disco-ers. But not to worry, I've been to one before, so I'll make sure we look alright." He smiled, imagining a pair of form-hugging white bell bottoms on Lucius, and perhaps a silver shirt, half-unbuttoned, seemed about right. Lucius would look stunning--but then to Arthur, Lucius always looked stunning.

Arthur gave Lucius' hand a small squeeze beneath the table, and then quieted when class began.

--

James rubbed his chin in though.

"But I like catching the Snitch--people cheer for me." James grinned. "Potions are just...potions. But I'll try. I really should buckle down and try to improve."

James arched an eyebrow.

"I suppose Lucius could pull off a wedding dress, maybe some flowers in his hair." James joked, and sat down at a table in the back of the potions classroom.

The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 JamesSnapeBanner

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:07 pm

"I trust your judgment, Arthur- you know what you're doing." He murmured and squeezed his hand in response.

He spent the class wondering what in blazes a 'disco' was. He found himself getting slightly excited by the concept of it, but more so just to spend time with Arthur. He watched as Slughorn began the notes for their next potion- a rather simple one as a gift from the last complicated one they created.

"The joymind potion! A rather excellent temporary cure to get someone out of a funk. ...Something some of you might need right around exam time. Simple to make and tasty to drink, this is my gift to all of you." Slughorn knew the disaster with Snape and the marauders was partially his fault on judging the maturity of gryffindors, so he figured this was the least he could do.

Lucius nodded to himself and began to take notes- casting little glances to Arthur every now and then.

-

"Don't even joke about that." Severus moaned at the thought. "I'd be the lucky one in charge of lacing up the corset." He sat down beside Potter, feeling incredibly awkward as he did so- and in the back of the room yet! He hated the back, he would prefer to sit up front, toward Lucius.

Only miscreants sat in the back. He pursed his lips at the thought.

"Joymind potion..." He murmured. "That... that's simple." He had seen the notes before, in his potion book. It was going to be beyond simple- like flicking a switch. Not a bad one to teach Potter either.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:02 pm

Arthur took notes on the joymind potion, nudging Lucius' foot now and then beneath the table, or ghosting his fingers along the side of Lucius leg. The first few times he attempted to appear innocent, but after a bit he couldn't help the devilish smile and warm color of his freckled cheeks.

The potion was an easy one, even Arthur who was average at potions at best, could do this one without messing it up...and whilst flirting, he assumed.

He couldn't wait to dance with Lucius, for the music, all of it--it was going to be so much fun he could hardly stay still from anticipation. Arthur had began to chop a root needed for the potion, and not paying attention he had chopped it all when they only need half of it, and it was a near miss on his fingertips. Perhaps, Arthur considered, potions class was not the best time to be distracted.

--

"It's simple?" James asked, as he forced himself to listen to Slughorns entire explanation about the potion, and even took a few scant notes. This was an improvement however, to making enchanted paper airplanes that he and Sirius would have made and flown around Severus' head, or a number of other non-academic type endeavors.

James thought about folding one quickly and casting it to fly around Sirius, in hopes it would cheer him up. The two of them had been tumultuous lately, and there was a big part of James that was still angry at Sirius for everything, but he couldn't deny that he still cared about the dog.

The airplane would have to wait until later, as James knew he needed to focus and show Snape he was sincere. Not only would Severus not be amused, but neither would Remus who was partnered with Sirius and would not enjoy the distraction as he was a diligent student also.

James listened to Severus instructions, and remembered the thing Severus said about applying his drive to catch the Snitch to potions. It wasn't easy, but James was determined to do this, and by much effort he was able to focus enough to only be distracted a couple of times, and in the end, to finish the potion correctly--expertly with Severus' notes, that seemed to have improved upon the original recipe.

James had to admit, he was rather impressed. He had certainly never taken the time to appreciate Snape's talent for potions, but it was obvious. His work had always been far superior to fellow students, with only Remus coming in close behind him--but never able to equal or surpass Snape's ability.

"Wow." James said, passing his hand through his messy hair, as Slughorn complimented the two of them on how well done their potion had been, and awarded points to both Gryffindor and Slytherin, for a well done potion, and working together. "Well--that wasn't too bad. You know, potions aren't my thing, but you are impressive with them, Severus."

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 4:50 pm

The first time he felt Arthur's fingers brushing casually against his leg, he jumped and banged his knee on the table. He winced hard, biting down on his lip. He cast Arthur a side ways glance, not sure of what to think about that touch, but once he felt the other boy's foot casually rubbing against him, he colored slightly and returned the gesture with a coy look.

"Lucius! Are you alright?" Slughorn exclaimed as he made his way over.

"Oh, yes professor! I had a bit of a leg spasm." Lucius gave him a sweet smile- which was enough for Slughorn to give him a nod and walk away. When he was out of earshot, he whispered to Arthur. "You're quite naughty today. Pay attention to what you're cutting." He placed a quick kiss on his cheek, and then turned to work diligently on their potion.

-

Severus shook his head over at Lucius. Apparently his ginger boyfriend had wandering hands. It was a good thing Slughorn was so oblivious when it came to that sort of thing. After they were complimented on their potion, he felt... good. If he could help James of all people buckle down and actually do work on a potion, maybe he could translate that skill to teaching.

It was odd though, to see James trying so hard. It was also odd to see him and Black at odds like this. "Thank you, Potter." He took a piece of parchment he didn't write on and began to fold it over into one of those obnoxious planes James liked to throw at him with Sirius when they weren't at odds.

James had tried. He should be rewarded. Once he finished folding it into a plane, he pushed it over to the boy sitting beside him. "Normally I don't condone acting up in class. But we've finished and it's odd not seeing you throw one of these. I suppose it's a peace offering. Just make sure not to miss Black's big head."
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:31 pm

"Of course." Arthur smiled serenely, and returned to the task at hand, which was to complete the joymind potion. His mind really wasn't on potions, though. Arthur was thinking about how Lucius would look with colored lights dancing in his hair, hips moving to a funky beat and groovy tune.

-x-

James raised an eyebrow at Severus, surprised that of all things, Severus had made a paper plane, given it to him, and encouraged him to throw it at Sirius. James burst into a thrilled, dopey grin, and took the plane.

"I couldn't miss it, even if I had horrible aim--which I don't. I've got excellent reflexes, of course." James gave the plane a toss, and it circled around Sirius' head. Sirius picked it out of the air, and turned around to look at James.

I'm sorry. James mouthed.

The corner of Sirius' lip curled up a bit, in a faint glimpse of a smile. Sirius dipped his quill in his ink pot, and scrawled something on the planes wing, and sent the plane back to James.

I deserved the punch. I'm sorry too. Forgive me?

James read the familiar writing, and felt a weight lift. He and Sirius shouldn't be at odds, it just didn't feel right--it felt horrible. James held his fingers up in a peace-sign gesture, as his reply to Sirius. Sirius grinned, and mirror the sign.

-x-

Arthur had hardly been able to wait for this day. He and Lucius were going to a disco. Arthur had been going on and on about it, until he was sure Lucius had ceased to really listen to his excited ramblings. Arthur looked in the mirror, enjoying the vivid colors of the clothes he had chosen for their date to the disco.

Arthur wore a shirt that was half buttoned, leaving his pale chest with its sparse ginger curls bared in an open V. The shirt looked like a psychedelic oil spill, with various colors that seemed to shimmer. His lime colored pants were tight, and flared out into large bells at the bottom. The shoes were his favorite part--platforms that boasted orange and green stripes on the sides, and on the tops brown leather with a little flower stitched in the middle.

Arthur met Lucius, and looked him over.

"We've got to be dressed properly so we don't stand out," Arthur explained. "Ooh...do you mind if I magic your clothes into something more appropriate? I know what sort of thing would be perfect...oh, do you like my shoes?" Arthur pointed his wand down at his shoes, and made the orange and green stripes blue and yellow, purple and pink, and then back to their original combination. "They're out-far, aren't they--as the Muggles would say!"

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Severus just shook his head at the display. It seemed the idiot band was back together- but maybe the second time around wouldn't be so miserable for him. After class was over, he parted from them and went back to Slytherin in order to give the two of them a chance to patch up.

A few days later, he bid Lucius a good time on his date and went to the library to work on his potions homework. He vaguely wondered what the heck Lucius was going to do at a disco with Arthur, who was most likely wearing every single color in the rainbow. He chuckled at the thought and cracked the books to begin to get to work.

-

"Your shoes are... well... they're very colorful, Arthur. They're very you." Lucius winced at the outfit Arthur was wearing. Lime green pants? He pressed his lips together and let out a sigh through his nose. "Well... I won't lose you in the place." His hands flew up in defense at what Arthur was suggesting. "Hang... hang on, you want to... change my clothes..." He looked at the outfit Arthur had on with great reservation.

"...I... well... I trust you. And that should mean a lot, Arthur! I don't trust anyone with my clothes, save myself." He said finally. "You can change my clothes. Just... go a bit less color happy for me. You pull it off well, but I'm not so sure about that look on me." He bit his lip.

"Go ahead... You know more about muggle fashion than I do."
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:40 am

"Splendid!" Arthur grinned gleefully, and waved his wand at Lucius current clothing, changing it into something more acceptable for where they were going.

Lucius now wore a long sleeved, slim fitting shirt, made of a silver sequin material. The top two buttons were popped, and at his neck was an icy blue scarf made of sheer material. His pants had morphed to a pair of form fitting white bell bottoms, and his shoes beneath were a shade of blue suede that matched the color of the scarf; they rose up on platforms, like Arthur's shoes.

"Excellent." Arthur proclaimed, glancing over Lucius outfit. "It looks wonderful on you, and not too much color like mine, then."

Arthur stuck his wand up his sleeve.

-x-

"Here we are!" Arthur exclaimed, over the music. He and Lucius stood near the entrance of the disco. More people were pouring in, and Arthur looked all around them, at the many dancing people and the spots of light that fell upon the people and the dance floor.

"What do you think?" Arthur took Lucius' hand, and moved them closer to the dance floor. Arthur was as interested in looking at all the various Muggles, and the way the dressed, as much as he was interested to be there with Lucius. His attention was specifically captured by a tall, spindly woman, who wore a velvety animal print catsuit, and had a poof of hair atop her head that seemed at the same time impossible, and magnificent. She strutted towards them, her full lips pulled back from her teeth in a smile.

"I believe that hair style is called a..." Arthur tapped his finger to his lips in thought. "An...Arfo?" Arthur stopped her as she passed in front of them. "Wonderful arfo you have Miss, it's very...er...out far!"

"Thanks, Ginger!" She looked Arthur up and down. "Wow, really diggin' the shoes, man. Real groovy." She pointed to Arthur's shoes, gave a little laugh, and strutted off into the crowd.

"Did you hear that?" Arthur beamed. "She thinks my shoes are grooving! I wonder what that means? Ah, Muggles are quite fascinating. Lucius...would you like to dance?"

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:00 am

"This... yes, this will do fine." Lucius looked down at himself. Everything was perfect save for the shoes. His ankles were not pleased as they threatened to give with each step he took on the platforms. He gripped tightly on to Arthur's arm in order to keep from falling over.

He really liked the pants however. He would have to get a pair to work into his regular rotation of clothing.

(*)

Once they arrived at the disco, Lucius was treated to a colorful array of muggles in outfits made in every pattern, every fabric- and some were damn well trying to compete with Arthur for the most colorful in the joint.

"I'm not quite sure what to think, Arthur-- er... ask me at the end of the night when I've experienced everything."

When the woman came over and complimented Arthur he had to direct his eyes to prevent himself from staring. She was fierce. He had never seen a woman dress like that before-- he didn't know women could dress like that, quite frankly.

He glanced down at Arthur's insane shoes.

"Well... they're certainly something, Arthur- I... what does grooving mean?" He assumed that was a good thing. He didn't feel like what she said was a bad thing. It seemed to be some sort of compliment.

"Yes, Arthur- I would love to. Just-- slow. I don't trust my feet in these shoes." Lucius said and made a slight face. "However-- if I fall, I will take you down with me."
Back to top Go down
Arthur Weasley

Arthur Weasley

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:34 am

"I'm not sure I can move like that without enchanting my shoes..." Arthur lead Lucius out onto the dance floor. He looked around at the Muggles to see just how they were dancing, and tried to imitate them.

Arthur swayed his hips, and flailed his arms around.

"How am I doing?" He asked, grinning. Whether he was doing well or not, he was enjoying himself.

Arthur moved around in a small circle, popping his hips a bit, and jutting his arms about, pointing here and there.

"Ha, this is quite ridiculous and fun!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Three Broomsticks    The Three Broomsticks  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Three Broomsticks
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magic In Me :: Out Of School :: Restaurants-
Jump to: