The Magic In Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Harry Potter role-playing site. Slash, het and femslash are allowed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spinner's End

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Eileen Prince-Snape

Eileen Prince-Snape

Spinner's End - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Eileen laid the clothing out, running her fingers over the fine material and the patterns. Severus peeked out from his bundle of towels. He looked over the various pieces seeming to be thinking.

"Do all people in magic world wear ugly clothes? Do I have to?"

Eileen held up a pair of plum colored velvet knickers.

"No, not all magic people wear these clothes. Severus, these are very nice things and the Malfoy's are very kind to allow us to stay here and allow you to wear Lucius' things so don't say rude things about the clothing." Eileen held the knickers so Severus could step into them. He blinked back at her as if she were crazy, but he finally unwound the towels from himself and reluctantly dressed himself with a bit of help from Mum.

Eileen nudged Severus towards a full length mirror so he could see how he looked. He was wearing the plum velvet knickers which kept sliding low on his thin hips. Along with it went a puffy-sleeved silk shirt with a bow-knot collar, and a black vest with gold brocade pattern and rounded gold buttons. His pale fingers touched each button, fascinated by them for some reason. The buttons were the only thing he liked. The silk shirt was tolerable, the vest was strange looking, and the knickers...he hated them.

"You look so handsome." Eileen combed her fingers through Severus' hair which was now dry. Despite having washed it thoroughly it still retained a bit of a greasy look to it. It seemed as though no amount of washing could ever get it completely clean. Eileen knew of plenty of wizards who had stubborn hair--they would try to cut it or change its color, but the hair would grow back and do what it wished. She was certain this was the case with Severus' hair; it wanted to be greasy and so it was.

Severus looked unimpressed at his reflection. He nibbled at his lower lip and fiddled nervously with the silk bow.

"No I don't." He said very quietly, averting his eyes from the mirror. He dropped his head a little, and went back to touching all the buttons on the vest. He knew what he looked like, and handsome was not it. People were not afraid to tell him so, and if they didn't say it he could still see it in the way they looked at him. Even his father agreed with them. He yelled at the boy often and the word 'ugly' was a common adjective. Severus dropped his soft voice even lower, speaking in barely a whisper. "They're gonna laugh at me."

"You look lovely, and they won't laugh at you. I know you're afraid they will, and you don't want to go out there, but we can't hide in washrooms forever now can we?"

Severus didn't answer her, he just frowned and tugged the loose fitting knickers back up. Eileen patted his head, and rummaged through a couple of drawers until she found something she could use to help hold Severus' pants up. One drawer was full of ribbons and so she used a black one and tied it around his waist.

Eileen came out of the restroom and handed the extra clothing back to Abraxas.

"Those were a bit big, but we found some that fit, thank you."

Severus hid behind her legs, just peeking around one side.

Back to top Go down
Abraxas Malfoy

Abraxas Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:40 pm

"I figured they might be a little big." Abraxas sent the clothing back up to the attic with a wave of his hand over it. He glanced down to Severus and sighed softly, kneeling down so he could look at him. "Young man. I am sorry I didn't have something normal for you to wear. Those clothes are rather silly aren't they?"

"They are not silly, father! I liked that outfit." Lucius sniffed trying to not look offended.

"My son enjoys wearing those things, because he's very much so like his mother and enjoys being ahead of every fashionable trend. But not everyone is that way. I promise you tomorrow we will go and buy you clothes you might actually want to wear."

"And why wouldn't he want to wear them? He looks fine in them. They might be a little big... But they still look just fine." Lucius said defensively.

He turned to look back at his son, who was looking mildly hurt and trying to pass it off unsuccessfully as a pout. "Yes, he does look fine in them. But not every boy likes to wear plum knickers and brocade, Lucius. Do you think you can hold out for the evening wearing that? You seem like you can soldier through it, hm?"

"Father--" Lucius whined. "You make it seem like a bad thing. Can we go play? I want to show him my room. And... about..." He suddenly shut his mouth when his father glared at him. "Not about Crackerjack!"

Abraxas shook his head. "Not yet, Lucius. We have to show our guests around the home so they won't get lost. Then, you may play."
Back to top Go down
Eileen Prince-Snape

Eileen Prince-Snape

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Severus looked up at Abraxas and nodded hesitantly.

"Yes Sir. Thank you for the..." Here Severus clearly struggled not to grimace. "...nice clothes."

"Abraxas, I couldn't have you buying things for Severus. These will do just fine."

"What's Crackerjack?" Severus asked, his curiosity wooing him out from his hiding spot behind Mum.

Eileen followed Abraxas on the tour, and Severus kept near to Lucius, interested in the Crackerjack thing.
Back to top Go down
Abraxas Malfoy

Abraxas Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:11 pm

"A boy needs his own clothing." Abraxas said as they walked. "And I can't have your son wearing those things, they don't fit him well and... they're ridiculous." He said shaking his head. He kept his voice low, so that only Eileen could hear him. "Your son deserves nice things. So do you. You put up with so much. It would be my honor to by him suitable clothing he might want to wear, and for you as well. I'm sorry- I don't exactly have any women's clothing. I can't have you wearing rags, Ms. Prince. That's... that's just inappropriate, and I won't stand for it."

Lucius fell back a bit so he and Severus could talk quietly. "Crackerjack is a demon. He's... he's big, and frightening. He looks like a dragon, only fatter, and with no wings. He lives in the attic. I used to go up there to talk to the one ghost, but then he showed up." He chewed on his bottom lip. "He said he'd eat me if I went up there again. Father doesn't believe me. He doesn't come out for him, because he only wants to eat kids like us. Don't go up in the attic! Ever."

Abraxas turned a corner to where the rooms were. He pointed out his and Lucius's rooms, and took them to see a very large ornate bedroom. "Ms. Prince, you are welcome to stay in here. That door in the back is to a private bathroom, and these french doors lead to a balcony." He walked over to a large armoire. "This will be for your clothing. ...Now, as for Severus- do you think he'll want his own room or do you want him to stay with you for a bit?"
Back to top Go down
Eileen Prince-Snape

Eileen Prince-Snape

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:15 pm

"Well, you are correct, Abraxas. Severus does need his own clothing and these are rather..." Eileen looked down at her large faded sweater. It hung from her willowy frame like a shapeless sack. It was covered in fuzz balls that she couldn't get rid of, and loose pieces of yarn loops. Her jeans were dingy and worn through in places, a few of them patched with mismatched fabric. "...well they've certainly seen better days. Be assured however, that I will find a way to repay you, and no arguments."

Severus hung back with Lucius, listening eagerly as he explained what Crackerjack was.

"A demon!" Severus gasped. "He looks like a dragon? That's...that's..." Severus was so excited for a moment, that he couldn't get his words together. He kept his voice as quiet as he could in his enthusiasm, knowing that this conversation was one that the adults shouldn't hear.

"That's bloody brill! I think it'd be really neat to see a demon-dragon. Dunnit he smell like fire? Does he 'ave scary eyes? Why's he in the attic an' why's he wanna 'ave you for breaky? You're sorta too pretty to get ate up."

Eileen followed Abraxas along on the tour, taking in the beauty of the Malfoy family manor. The room he had given her to stay in was huge and lavish. It would feel strange to have such a grand space all to herself. She had a sudden urge to fling herself onto the massive bed with its mound of pillows and silk sheets, but she did not. The bed in which she had spent far too many years with Tobias had been small, it sagged horribly in the middle, and each spring could be felt uncomfortably against flesh, some even poking through the worn mattress top. Eileen had forgotten what it meant to be comfortable.

It still seemed strange to her that she could go to bed tonight not having been in a shouting match, not having been verbally degraded and physically reprimanded, not having to lay next to her cold husband who reeked of stale sweat and a cloud of cheap beer. Tonight she would be safe, in a quiet house, not lying sleepless and awake staring at the dirty ceiling and listening to the muffled crying of her son through the thin walls.

"It's lovely." She said, and smiled a bit, knowing that later on she would fling herself onto the bed like a silly girl, when no one else was around to see. "Oh, Severus is a big boy, I'm sure he doesn't need to sleep with Mum. You'll be alright, won't you Sev?"

"Yes Mum!" Severus replied quickly to Eileen, and then turned back to Lucius. He was much more interested in the demon-dragon upstairs than the tour of the manor, but he tried to pay attention to both. Knowing where things were was important. He didn't want to get lost, especially if he planned to adventure to the attic at some point, and spy on the thing that lived there.

Back to top Go down
Abraxas Malfoy

Abraxas Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:51 pm

"Very well, but take your time repaying me. I'm not hard up." He said and offered her one of those rare genuine smiles he never gave to anyone. "I'm glad you like the room. There's plenty of space in here. If that's the case with your son, we'll let him have the room right across from yours." Abraxas walked past the two boys, eyeing them carefully. He had a feeling he knew what they were talking about. Apparently, he was going to have to go into the attic tonight to have a word with a certain demon about not eating his son or their guest. He was hoping by telling Lucius what was living in their attic wasn't real, he'd be less afraid and keep away from the attic. So far it had worked, but what if that didn't work for Severus? Young children were curious after all. He knew that if he were that age, he'd want to see it too. He only imprisoned the demon in the attic because he had swallowed one of the seeing stones Abraxas was hunting. Eventually he'd have to extract it from the creature, if it didn't surrender it on it's own. "Young man, this will be your room- right across from your mother's. There's a bathroom in it, you can reach it by going through the door at the back-"

"Okay! See you later father!" Lucius took Severus's hand and ran with him into the spare room. He shut the door behind them and the lights came on, revealing the large room. It wasn't as opulent as Eileen's, but it was still large and had a massive bed that was all his own. He sighed and shook his head. "'Cause he's a demon, and that's what they do! They eat kids like us! Because they're hungry." He made a face.

"He doesn't smell like fire, he smells like hellfire. Which is... ten times worse than regular fire!" Lucius shivered. "He said I'll taste like candy because I'm pretty. I told him I cant be eaten BECAUSE I'm too pretty!" Lucius fretted. "His eyes are horrible. They're yellow. YELLOW!" He flung his hands up in dismay. "Father keeps saying he's not real, but if he wasn't, why would he have locked the attic with runes? He's totally real." He sniffed.

Abraxas stood there, stunned as he heard the muffled voice of his son from behind the door. "Stay out of the attic!" He warned and shook his head. "They shut the door on us. Can you believe that? Friends already." He turned back to the shut door. "FRIENDS WHO SHOULDN'T GO BY THE ATTIC."
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Severus eyes grew large as Lucius went on to explain more about the demon creature.

"What're runes? Are they special magic?"

Severus took time to consider Lucius father, whom had specifically told them to stay out of the attic. Severus really wanted to see the demon thing, but what would happen if they got caught? Abraxas seemed to be nicer than Severus' own father was, but Severus was certainly not ready to trust him fully or to believe that he was beyond hurting them if he became very angry. However, Lucius looked like he was taken care of, and he didn't have marks all over his skin like Severus did. Severus rubbed at a larger one of these bruises on his bony wrist as he considered these things. He didn't want them to get into trouble, and he didn't want to make Abraxas angry like his father--though with his father, most of the time Severus was not sure what he had done to make him so mad. Existing had probably been enough.

Severus continued to watch Lucius closely, taking everything he said and his body language as he said it. That was something Severus had learned at a young age, to be very observant. He had often hidden behind bushes at the playground and watched other children play, longing to share in their laughter, envying them when their parents pushed them on the swings, or hoisted the children onto their shoulders with a kind of joy and affection that Severus did not understand but ached for. He watched the children chase each other, and play their games, he watched them and wished he could have friends too...but other kids didn't like him. They picked on him, made faces, said mean things, ran away. Something Abraxas' had said from the other side of the closed door was suddenly sinking in.

Abraxas had said that they were friends.

Severus regarded Lucius skeptically. This boy had no reason to like him, and how could he when no on else seemed to? Maybe it was because they were both magic. Maybe magical people were nicer than non-magical people. Severus felt confused and hopeful. There was only one way to find out. Severus toyed nervously with the buttons on the lavish vest. His voice was very quite and hesitant when he spoke.

"Lu--Lucius...are you...are you my friend?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Severus's question caught him off guard. He blinked at him stupidly and nodded. "Of course we're friends. I wouldn't have gotten you an extra cookie if I didn't. I don't like sharing cookies normally." He said as if it was a very rare thing to occur, and it was. He listened outside the door for a little while longer, hearing his father's footsteps leave outside of the door. Apparently he had left to go back across the hallway.

He sat down on the floor of Severus's new room. "Father wouldn't let anything happen to us. I know he doesn't believe me about Crackerjack, but I KNOW he'll protect us. Nothing scares father, you know." He said as if it was common knowledge. "He goes all over the world searching for dangerous objects of dark, evil magic for the ministry! ...Sometimes he comes home all beaten up, but he says that 'the other people look much worse' than what he does."

He made a face. "But still, I don't like it. He doesn't have to work, but he goes anyway." He muttered looking a little frustrated. "I want him home more. My mum died when I was a baby, and I get lonely when he's gone. ...It'll be nice to have company with your mum and you staying here. I won't be lonely when father leaves." Lucius brightened a little. "Runes are ancient, arcane magic! Father says the rest of the wizarding world doesn't use them as often as they did, but some creatures only obey runes. ...Like demons." He added as it dawned on him. Maybe his father did believe him after all.

-

Abraxas crossed the hall back to Eileen's room. He cleared his throat slightly. "By the way, do not go by the attic. There is something up there, but I'll be taking care of it tonight after the children are asleep." His eyes drifted up to the ceiling. "I've been meaning to do that for ages now, the beast up there is holding something I want hostage, so I've been playing nice for now. Now that I have house guests, nice will no longer apply to it. But I assure you, you're safe. I wouldn't let anything happen to the people in this house."
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Severus sat down too, mimicking Lucius posture and listening to the pretty blond boy speak. He spoke differently from the people Severus was used to hearing. People back home had a way of speaking that now that Severus considered it, sounded sloppy and rude. Like everything else about this place and these people, the way Lucius spoke sounded finer, better, cleaner than back home. Severus made note to try and practice speaking more like Lucius. He'd first start when he was alone in his room and wait until he had it down well enough so that he didn't sound silly.

"Your Dad soun's really cool. I wanna job like that when I grow up! I'm gonna be a really pow'ful wizard an' do what your Dad does. Me Dad's jus' a Muggle an' he don't really like anything...'cept for the gross stuff he drinks. I don't like it 'cause it always makes 'em even more mad." Severus smiled slightly. "But guess nonna that matters now 'cause me an' Mum run off. Serves 'em right anyway. I'm glad you an' your Dad came over and took us away. Now both of us don' hafta be lonely no more! Also I...well...hope I can be a good friend. I don' really know how 'cause I never had one. Nobody ever liked me before."

Severus was usually fairly quiet and especially didn't say much around people he hardly knew but he was so excited to have a friend that everything just overflowed the fences he put up to protect himself.

--

"I trust you, Abraxas. You just be careful--if not for my broken wand, I would help you. Demons are nasty creatures. If it hurts you in any way, come to me. I can do some healing charms without aid of my wand, and I would be glad to help." Eileen smiled a bit shyly at him, and after considering a moment, she hugged him very briefly. "You're a good man, Abraxas."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:00 pm

"I don't like his job." Lucius frowned. "I don't think it's 'cool'. I want my father home with me." He drew his knees into his chest, wrapping his arms around them. For awhile, he didn't say anything. With a soft sigh he rested his chin on his knees to look at the small boy in front of him.

He remembered seeing Severus earlier in his state, looking battered and bruised up. He also remembered seeing that dark look on his father's face. "It's a good thing your father wasn't there. My father looked really mad at what he had done. But you're correct, none of that matters now." He smiled a little at him. "You and your mum are safe, so I wouldn't worry about it anymore. Everything is going to change for the better. Your room has a secret passage way in it, you know. It links with mine." Lucius went over to the fireplace and pulled down on a mounted snake sculpture. The fireplace swung open, revealing a long corridor.

"It leads to my closet. You just push on the panel and it'll open." He explained and then turned back to look at him. "Did... did you really want to go see that demon?"

-

"They are. I've dealt with them before though, and if you put any stock in things like the meaning of names... mine means demon. So I suppose we're like cousins." He said jokingly. "I may have to take you up on that, this one is particularly nasty." He hugged her back. "Thank you, Eileen. Some might disagree with you about that though." Abraxas pulled away. "I suppose we should go put the boys to bed, hm? It's getting late."
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:22 pm

A mischievous smile bloomed onto Severus' thin lips. He nodded eagerly.

"Yes. I wanna see it."

He knew it was bad to break rules, and usually he wouldn't have but...the lure of seeing this mystical dark creature was just too strong for him to forget about it. Besides, why would it want to eat him? He probably tasted gross.

--

"Quite right, Severus should be in bed by now. I hadn't realized how late it was." Eileen went to Severus' room and opened the door, peeking in at the two boys. She moved inside. "Severus, it's time for bed and Lucius--your father said the same for you."

Severus gave a small, knowing smile to Lucius, and then climbed up onto the large comfy bed. His bed back in Spinners End had been little more than a cot. He couldn't believe how comfy this one was. He would probably never want to get back out of it. Severus burrowed under the covers and waved goodbye to Lucius.

"G'night Lucius." Severus watched Lucius leave, and then turned to his mother as she tucked the covers around him and brushed some stray hair off of his pale forehead. "Mum, d'you know Lucius is my friend?"

"Very good. I'm glad for you, just don't go getting into any trouble. Friends can be good for that, and so can curious little children." She gave him a stern look. "Good night Severus."

Eileen brushed a quick kiss to her son's forehead and then left him to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:41 pm

"Aww. Okay." Lucius pouted at her and then exchanged glances with Severus. "Goodnight!" He waved and made his way back to his bedroom where his father was waiting for him.

"Now Lucius..." Abraxas began as his son slid under the covers. "You know to listen to Ms. Prince- consider her my second in command while she and Severus are here."

"Yes, father-- I know." Lucius murmured, tucking the covers up to his chin.

"And you know I'm counting on you to look after Severus as well, as if he's your younger brother. You'll need to be a role model. He'll have questions about our world he might not want to ask his mother. You'll have to provide him with guidance."

"I know that too father."

"You're a smart boy, Lucius." Abraxas smoothed some of the blonde hair from the boy's face. "Goodnight, Lucius. Sleep well." He didn't kiss his son goodnight, but he never did.

-

Abraxas left Lucius's bedroom, shutting the door quietly behind him. "Ms. Prince- goodnight. I'll see you in the morning- breakfast is at 7 AM on the dot. ...I'll see you in the morning. Hopefully I won't have to come see you tonight for a patch up job. Sleep well." He gave her a slight nod, heading down the hall to go grab what he needed to use against Crackerjack from his weapons room- something he kept locked.

-

Lucius waited a few minutes for the adults to have left before getting back up. He went through the secret passage through his closet to the other end in Severus's room. "Sev! Hey Sev!" Lucius murmured and went over to his bed. "Come on, wake up! We have to follow father up to the attic!" He cursed the words coming out of his mouth. Why the hell did they have to go and do this?
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Eileen bid good night to Abraxas, and shut the door to her own room. As she had wanted to do earlier, she ran across the room and flinged herself onto the plush bed. It seemed like a silly thing to do, but it felt wonderful. She hoped Severus would be obedient to her--she knew he was a good boy, but he was highly curious about his magical side and everything that went along with it. She knew that could not be helped, but there was a time and place for learning about such things, and it was certainly not now, in the attic, with a demon.

Eileen covered her mouth as she yawned, thinking about Lucius. He seemed like such a nice boy, and she was very thankful that he was kind to Severus. She would be sure to speak with him tomorrow and thank him for it. It was so good for Severus to have a friend.

She drifted quickly to sleep, without even the sense to undress or crawl under the covers or to even take her shoes off: the bed was just that seductive.

--

Severus rolled out of bed, his small feet hitting the floor.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He whispered to Lucius, peering at him in the dark. "Lissen...don' be scared. Ya don' 'afta go in with me. Jus' go to the door with me an' if I can sneak in an' see it I'll go. I'm not scared of it...I don' see why it would wanna eat me after all." Severus placed his hands around his thin waist, pointing out what he meant. "I'm small, not really worf the trouble. Let's go, or we won't be quick enough. We 'afta be quiet too. I won' get us caught, I'm good at sneakin' 'round. I learnt it so I could keep out of peoples way."

Severus dropped his voice to a whisper.

"Lead on!"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:54 pm

"No! If we go up there, we go up there together." Lucius nodded, the words of his father still in his head. "And you don't know! He says he likes eating children. I'm assuming that includes you too, because you're a kid." Lucius said pointedly and took Severus's hand. "Stay behind me, stay quiet, and don't get close! He'll hurt you!" He warned and led the smaller boy down the quiet hallway. On the way there, Lucius paused to pull one of the swords hanging off of a plaque for him to use. It was heavy, so he had to rest the majority of the blade on his shoulder.

He stopped them from walking ducking down a corridor when he saw the weapons room open up and his father come out. Once the older Malfoy, swinging a large ax around idly as he walked, was far enough down the hallway Lucius directed Severus back out and toward the door leading to the attic.

Lucius swallowed hard, gripping Severus's hand as he followed up the steps to the attic. The Manor's attic was immense, and full of all sorts of items stacked up as if it made corridors of their own. He couldn't tell which direction his father went, or where the demon was. He walked with Severus toward the right, unaware that his father went left.

After a few minutes of walking, Lucius slowly let go of Severus's hand. "I don't see him. Maybe father finished him off already." He relaxed his posture, sighing in relief. The scent of brimstone suddenly flooded his nostrils and dread overwhelmed him. Before he could even register what was going on, Crackerjack had him by the leg, holding him up in the air. Lucius dropped his sword out of pure shock. He looked as Lucius described him, a dragon like creature with nasty yellow eyes, and rows of sharp teeth and claws.

"My favorite snack." He growled in delight, his tail swishing behind him. "Children. And there's two of you! ...Or... maybe one and a forth- but that's still better than just one!" His sallow yellow eyes looked down at Severus. "You're hardly a meal, even. But still- I'll use your bones to pick the flesh from my teeth!"

"FATHER! OH MERLIN! FAAAATHER!" Lucius hollered out, kicking at the demon's hand desperately. "Severus! RUN!"
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:35 am

Severus stood frozen, rooted to the spot, until Lucius began to yell. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. The thing had poor Lucius and was threatening to eat him, and it was Sev's fault for being so curious and demanding to see it. Severus thought quick--wondering if there wasn't something he could do. He knew a few hexes from reading some of his mothers' books but he wasn't sure if he could do them correctly and he didn't want to hex Lucius instead. He was after all only a very little boy and he did not know much about the magic side of his heritage.

He looked towards the sword that Lucius had dropped, but Lucius had struggled to carry it so Severus knew he couldn't possibly use it. There were so many things around him in the attic, but he didn't know if any of it would be helpful. Severus looked up at the horrible yellow eyes, both afraid and excited by the presence of this exotic, dark, creature. He would not run away and leave Lucius, and he could not allow himself to stand there being openly afraid and intimidated--he was tired of being bullied by everyone and everything. Severus called upon as much bravery as he could, and imitated his mother's best unconcerned expression.

"Why would you wanna eat that boy? I'm sure you would choke on all of that ugly clothing. Anyway, I don' believe you. If you were gonna eat Lucius you would 'ave done it the firs' time he was up here. You jus' like to scare kids but you don' scare me. You look like a fat ol' lizard an' what sort of sissy name is Crackerjack for a demon anyway? That's not even scary. You're jus' a big stupid wanker that smells like shite. As for my bones, you can't bloody 'ave 'em. I'm busy usin' 'em. But if you really wanna eat me...go on an' 'ave a go if your large arse can catch me."

Severus was on high alert, and ready to take off the moment the demon lunged for him--hopefully forgetting Lucius and chasing Severus instead. That would give Lucius time to get away, and then Severus could out run and out-dodge the demon, and without Lucius in the way he could maybe even try one of the hexes he remembered, though he had no way of knowing if he could really make them work...especially on a creature like this. He had been hoping to try out the bat bogey hex but had not done it yet--it seemed like a fun bit of nasty magic. Maybe now would be a good time to try.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:05 am

"Mmmhmmm. Nasty little mouth you have on you. I didn't eat him the first time because he out ran me. Damn you little children and your quick little legs..." He said whistfully. "My demon name is too for you ickle humans to speak. Crackerjack is so much simpler for kids to say, since I only prey on you little types." His long, snake like tongue licked at his lips.

His tail lashed out like a whip, grabbing Severus's ankle and hoisting him up easily into the air with Lucius.

"Please don't eat us! PLEASE! Mu-Mu-my father's here! He's going to kill you!" Lucius reached out for the sword.

"Oh ho- I'm not afraid of your father! He needs me around, I have his precious seeing stone he desires so badly." He gave them both a sick smile. "Now- it's time to ea-" The demon coughed up a decent amount of blood, slowly lowering Severus and Lucius down to the ground. The sword was embedded in the middle of his chest. "Brother--"

"We are not brothers." Abraxas said cooly as he walked around the wounded demon. "...Seems you have a nice sword wound there. My wordless magic skills are getting a bit better."

"But--"

"But nothing." Abraxas hissed and pulled the sword out by the hilt. "I said not to go near my son, and you have violated that. Now you threaten our guest as well. I'm afraid your time ends here- and I really don't give a damn about that seeing stone any longer."

"Oh no, brother- please! W-we might be cousins-- you can't kill family now, can you? Your name, you're a demon, like me!" He begged bleeding hard from the wound in the middle of his chest. "I... I won't eat your kids, I swear! Th-they might be my nephews. I-I'll even give you your stone!"

"I'd rather pull it from your still warm carcass." Abraxas smiled up at him. "Boys! Go down and wait in my study. I want to have a word with you both when I'm through."

"Y-yes father."Lucius murmured and slowly got up from the floor. He rubbed at his tear streaked cheeks in shame for crying, but he was truly terrified. "C-C'mon, Sev."
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:40 am

Severus barely kept from screaming when the creatures tail wrapped around his ankle and hoisted him up. His heart felt like it would pound out of his chest with fear. He bit hard into his lip and screwed his eyes tightly closed and wished that he hadn't been so curious. He had been stupid to think he might get away with hexing the demon--he had not expected any hex he might have been able to do would have killed the beast, but might have served as a useful distraction. What had he been thinking? Dangling from the demons tale he felt all of four-years-old and much more Muggle than wizard. In a word: helpless.

Severus opened his eyes slowly when he felt that he had been lowered, unharmed, onto the floor of the attic. He saw the demon gushing blood from a wound in its chest, and through a bit of a fog he heard Abraxas speaking. He looked up at Lucius father and he seemed larger than life, his grey eyes flashing, his glasses slid down on his nose, holding a sword dripping with demon blood. Severus had never admired someone so much as he admired Abraxas just now. He looked so strong--he could protect himself and those around him from anything as Severus wished he could.

"Boys! Go down and wait in my study. I want to have a word with you both when I'm through."

Severus heard Abraxas, the fog clearing from his mind a bit. He scrambled up to his feet and with a barely audible 'yes sir' hurried off after Lucius, limping a bit on the ankle the demons whip-like tail had grabbed him by. Severus felt horrible--this was all his fault. He wanted to apologize to Lucius but he felt so badly that he didn't think he could speak right now. Severus waited with Lucius in the study, looking guiltily down at his feet.

Severus was afraid of what would happen when Lucius' father came down to get them, but he knew that whatever happened now...he really did deserve it. His fathers shouting and curses rose up in his not-so-distant memories. His head was filled with the horrible names, the screaming, the feel of his father's enormous and unrelenting hands hurting him, the terrible crackle of leather against his bare bottom and thighs...Severus more terrified now than he had been when facing the demon. His stomach was tying itself into painful knots in anticipation and he realized with embarrassment that he was trembling. He felt as if he would be sick, and tried hard not to cry. Crying made things worse.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:00 am

Lucius sat wordlessly by Severus, checking his father's massive grandfather clock every second with worry. Just how long did it take to kill a demon anyway. There was a large crash, and footsteps above them. One set, his father's. "Is your ankle okay, Sev?" He asked lowly, as if they were going to be yelled at for shouting.

Abraxas slowly entered the room, his hair mussed and his clothing stained a greenish color. He returned the ax to it's spot, resting the sword on his desk. He walked by the boys, going to fix himself a glass of whiskey. He came back to them, taking a seat in his usual chair. He took a long sip of the drink, setting it down on the table beside him. "Just what were you two thinking?"

"We just wanted to-"

"YOU wanted to see the demon, Lucius? I doubt that highly."

Lucius hung his head.

"I warned you both not to go up to the attic. Not to go near the attic. Do you understand why I told you not to go now? I'm very disappointed in you both. ...Lucius, I know you know why. You wouldn't have gone up there normally, so I'm assuming our young guest here wanted to see... Now, Severus- listen here young man. There is nothing wrong with being curious. However, there are very few times when I say something is too dangerous to go and do, or I say something is off limits. And when I do, it's for a very good reason. That demon would have eaten you both in a heartbeat. Thankfully he was an idiot blowhard, as most demons are. I don't want either of you to be eaten, I'd feel awful." He paused to take another drink.

"We'll listen next time, father! I promise!"

Abraxas looked up to his son's face, fresh with tears. "Oh Lucius, come here." He reached out and took his son's wrist, pulling him over so he could brush the tears from his face with his pocket square. "I know you will." He murmured and patted his shoulder. He looked over to Severus, who looked fairly ill. He frowned. "Severus, like I said- there isn't anything wrong with being curious. I suppose the next time I say not to do something, I should make it clear why you shouldn't. ...However, I don't know if that would make things better or worse. You're both too young to be dealing with demons- even though you may have wanted to. I heard what you said, Severus- that was brave for one so small. Now-- did either one of you get injured?"
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:33 am

Severus stood still during Abraxas speech, prepared to be hurt at any moment. The longer the speech went on in what seemed to Severus to be an oddly calm manner, the more confused Severus became. When Abraxas took Lucius wrist Severus almost cried out--if he could have found his voice he would have begged Abraxas not to hurt Lucius, to hurt him instead because it was all his fault. Severus dared to look up just slighlty through messy strands of his black hair. Lucius was not crying out, Abraxas was not shouting, there were no sounds of violence and in fact...

Abraxas had pulled a clothe from his pocket and was wiping tears from Lucius face. It made no sense to Severus that Abraxas was comforting his son after both of them had deliberately disobeyed him. He dropped his gaze back to his feet, his head trying to make sense, and when the realization occurred to him, large silent tears slipped down his cheeks. Lucius' father loved him. Abraxas wouldn't hurt Lucius, even if he was angry.

Severus continued to stand still with his head bowed, feeling miserable. His ankle hurt but he thought he could deal with it. He didn't want to mention it. He didn't feel brave either, he had just been stupid and desperate. Now he was just confused. He didn't know how to react to the way Abraxas had handled the situation.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:45 am

"I'm alright father." Lucius nodded, feeling a little better and his tears had stopped. He hugged his father around the neck, thankful he had been there to save them.

Abraxas patted his shoulder, standing up to pick up his son. He sat him down in his big leather chair, looking down to Severus. He pursed his lips together, wondering what was going on through the small boy's head. He wondered what to say, what to do to comfort a child whose father was so violent and physical. It made him sick, and one day he vowed to go see Tobias for himself.

He walked over to Severus, kneeling down in front of him. "Severus, it's alright." He said firmly and reached out to gently tip the boy's chin to look up at him. Just like he had done with Lucius, he wiped his tear streaked cheeks off. "I'm not mad at you. I'm happy you and Lucius are safe. In the morning after breakfast, you and Lucius will help the house elves feed the horses as punishment for disobeying. But right now, you both need to get back to bed. It's quite late and you've had a tremendous evening."
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Eileen was up well before the 7am breakfast deadline, and felt more rested than she had in years. She went down to the kitchen and spoke with the house elves, letting them know that she wished to prepare breakfast for Abraxas and the boys, and asked them specifically what some of Abraxas and Lucius' favorite foods were. The house elves were not so ready to give up their duties to her, but after some time she convinced them and went to work.

By the time she had finished the kitchen was full of wonderful scents. Everything was laid out onto the table, and she only had left to wake Sev, help him dress, and bring him down. She'd have to be quick about it, as she had lost track of time and it was very near 7. Eileen turned to see however, that she did not have to wake Severus. He was toddling into the kitchen, trying to button up his shirt, but in his sleepy state he was missing buttons, causing his shirt to be oddly bunched and asymetrical. He looked as if he had slept poorly, which seemed odd to Eileen. She knelt down and pushed his small hands out of the way gently, taking over the job he was botching.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked, finishing with the last button and tying the silk bow at Severus' collar.

After a long hesitation, Severus nodded wordlessly. Eileen knew he was not being truthful with her.

"Sit then. The Malfoy's will be down any moment."

Severus climbed into his chair, and Eileen sat next to him, studying her son from down her long nose. They were both so very quiet. Severus kept his head down timidly, only glancing up once through his strands of dark hair to survey the various dishes laid out on the table. It all smelled delicious, but his stomach hurt as he was still upset over last night. Severus was afraid that Lucius wouldn't want to be his friend anymore after Severus had gotten them into trouble. If he could get the nerve up, he would ask him later as they fed the horses as their 'punishment'. Things were certainly strange here. Severus could not quite figure out how feeding horses would be a punishment. He had never seen a horse except in a picture, and he was actually looking forward to it--though he was certain that was not the proper way to feel when one was being punished.
Back to top Go down
Abraxas Malfoy

Abraxas Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Lucius ended up sleeping that night in his father's bed as the events with the demon scared him out of sleeping in his own room. The next morning when the clock struck seven, he followed his father into the dinning room. He wore a simpler outfit, since they would have to feed the horses before they did anything fun. And since Abraxas promised shopping- which was rare for him to even remotely suggest- he didn't want to ruin a good outfit in the stables. His hair was braided back, tied with a velvet ribbon. "Good morning!" He chirped and took a seat at the table.

Abraxas took a seat at the head of the table, fetching himself some pancakes. That was the only thing on the table he was willing to eat- and ever ate for breakfast. "Good morning everyone." He cast his gray eyes over to Severus and Eileen. "A little later in the morning, we'll be making a trip to Diagon Alley- as I promised. We'll go after the boys feed the horses."

Lucius was beaming at the thought. However, that look fell when he saw Severus. Was he still upset about last night? He frowned and gathered his plate, going over to sit next to the younger boy at the table. "Come on Sev, don't you like pancakes?" Lucius asked quietly. "They're the best."
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:34 am

Severus nibbled on a corner of toast, and watched Lucius closely. The boy didn't seem upset with him, but he would ask him later if they were still friends. It would be too embarrassing to ask in front of the adults.

"Goodmorning." Eileen greeted Abraxas, making note to speak to him later. She couldn't think of much reason for Severus to be behaving this way, unless he had not listened to Abraxas' warning last night and had gotten into trouble.

Severus looked at Lucius plate of pancakes, and shook his head wordlessly.

"Lucius, I think Severus has a tummy ache. He has a tendency towards them when upset. However...I would suggest Severus, that you do quit moping about and try to eat a bit. One can not live on a corner of toast, and I've made these eggs just for you." Eileen motioned towards a bowl of fluffy scrambled eggs. "I know how much you like them."

Eileen spooned a small portion of scrambled eggs onto Severus plate. He looked less than happy about it, and pushed the food around on his plate a bit before eating slowly. Eileen put some on her plate, and began to eat too.

"Diagon Alley...oh it does seem like ages since I've been there." Eileen mused, recalling various stores that were there. "I've missed the wizarding world, it will be quite nice to become reacquainted with familiar places."
Back to top Go down
Abraxas Malfoy

Abraxas Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:17 pm

"Upset? Ah... I'm certain then, it must be about the mishap last night. Our children are curious. They went up into the attic together. I was up there, and handled the beast myself." He said glancing to the two boys. "I gave them both a talking to. I was far more glad that neither one of them was hurt on their misadventure, than upset that they disobeyed. However, as punishment, they're feeding the horses in the stable after breakfast. I figured that would be an apt enough punishment. ...At least it is for my son, he hates handling feed bags. But there is no need to be upset any longer, I'm not mad. The attic is safe for exploring."

Lucius made a face at the feedbag statement. He was always afraid the horse was going to bite him, or kick him over. Wanting to change the subject as it was, he brightened at the thought of going to Diagon Alley. "Can we go to Twilfit and Tattings?"

Abraxas instantly made a face. "I think Madame Malkin's will be fine. I hate Twilfit and Tattings." He grumbled. "They think poorly of me there for my occupation- and my shunning of their over priced, over worked, poorly constructed marked up designs."

Lucius couldn't think of why anyone would think poorly of his father, as when he wasn't being intimidating he was being terrifying. He pouted and went back to his breakfast.
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:15 am

After breakfast, Severus followed Lucius out to where the horses were. They were beautiful animals, they seemed gentle strong. Severus held a small hand up to one of their large noses. The animal snuffled its hot breath against Severus' hand and its soft lips moved against the pale skin. Severus patted the horses nose, glad that it seemed to like him.

"How d'we feed 'em then?" Severus asked, his eyes going wide when the horse leaning over its stall door snuffled at the top of his head and nibbled at his hair.

"It's eating me!" Severus giggled, the animal having made him feel much better than he had during breakfast. He pulled back from the horse, and smoothed down his hair, seeming not to be bothered by the saliva that streaked it. "Everything here wants to make a snack out of me. Don' you feed your pets and demons?" Severus quipped, with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spinner's End   Spinner's End - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spinner's End
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magic In Me :: Out Of School :: Homes-
Jump to: